RE: [GrizHFMinimill] Treadmill motor with stock controller?



I have run into this problem, too.  Some treadmills have an optical or magnetic rotation sensor on the belt drive roller.  If this is not functioning or is disconnected from the controller card the motor will start but will turn soon turn off.  You need to trace out the circuit and disable this on the controller in such a way that it thinks the sensor is working. 

 

I would give you more specifics but my motor has been set aside for a while and it would take me some time to dig out the full details.

 

I hope this is hepful.

 


From: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of usarmyfly
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 3:42 PM
To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Treadmill motor with stock controller?

 

 

For those out there that have used a treadmill motor on their mini mill, did you try it with the stock mill board? I tried mine and it would turn on for a few seconds and then shut down. I don't know a whole lot about electronics on these boards and was looking for ideas. I haven't tried playing with the speed pots at all, don't know if it will matter. My motor is a 2.25 treadmill duty 4 wire (2 blue) and works fine with the M60 controller. I don't like how the M60 speeds up and slow down so slow though. Any one have any experience?

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1869 / Virus Database: 2092/4610 - Release Date: 11/11/11



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___