[GrizHFMinimill] Re: digital read out from Rockler ?

I made the purchase 11 hours ago, together with some other thing to make shipping worthwhile. Hope I can get them on my mill & lathe with no problem.

Regards
Wong

--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Potter" <rob@...> wrote:
>
> I put the DRO's on my Micro-Mark lathe and ended up taking the one on the
> compound feed off and reverting to the dial. The digital version had a
> 'sticky' spot that made it impossible for me to do a smooth rotation. I
> spent hours working on it, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get rid of
> that stickiness. The DRO on the cross slide works okay for now, so I've kept
> it. I love how easy they make it to zero out the reading, but I'm not sure
> it was worth the $160 to end up with only one that worked.
>
>
>
> Rob Potter
>
> Portland, Oregon
>
>
>
> From: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of wongsterwish
> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:36 AM
> To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: digital read out from Rockler ?
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi David,
>
> I've the Sherline DRO on the lathe. It still slip (rotate) once in a while
> causing my reading to be out. Painful at times. I also find the handwheels
> now harder to turn. Tried sanding down some places in contact with the
> handwheels but didn't help. Feels like ripping it off and use those linear
> type.
>
> Sorry for the OT.
>
> Regards,
> Wong
>
> --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com> , "a3sigma" <dcclark111@>
> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com> , "wongsterwish" <wongsterwish@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi David,
> > >
> > > Are you planning to do the same to your Sherline?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Wong
> >
> >
> > Hi Wong,
> >
> > No. I have Sherline's DROs on both their lathe and milling machine.
> >
> > It's not quite the same thing, of course. Sherline's DRO works by reading
> the turning of the leadscrew rather than directly measuring the table
> position. The difference is backlash -- its just reading the handwheels for
> you. Doesn't matter to me, though. Having spent a working lifetime running
> out the lash every time I turn a handwheel, it's so ingrained in the muscle
> memory of my hands I find I can't force myself not to do it.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > David Clark in Southern Maryland
> >
> >
> > >
> > > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com> , "a3sigma" <dcclark111@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > It appears complete and identical to the ones I'm using. See my DRO
> files at:
> > > >
> > > >
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/files/D.C.%20Clark%20stuff/
> > > >
> > > > Price is comperable to what I paid as well.
> > > >
> > > > David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA
> > > >
> > > > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com> , "dave_mucha" <dave_mucha@>
> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On Sale Now
> > > > > DigiMAG Magnetic Digital Router Lift Remote Readout
> > > > > $39.99Each
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25158
> <http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25158&filter=30431&pn=30431>
> &filter=30431&pn=30431
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > is this a complete unit ? or just the readout ??
> > > > >
> > > > > Dave
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
GrizHFMinimill-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/