[GrizHFMinimill] Cabin Fever Expo




Hi, All,

I attended Cabin Fever Expo in Lebanon, PA yesterday.  It was a great show, with a lot of machine tools and accessories for sale and on display.  The wide variety of steam engines and steam-driven trains, boats, earth-moving equipment, trucks, etc. was amazing!  There was a huge pool (maybe 100 x 40 feet?) set up for the boats to operate in, and a mountain of dirt for the earth-moving equipment to shift around.

Little Machine Shop had a huge booth and had a good inventory on-hand for sale.  I bought several 0xA tool holders for my QCTP, while my friend spent a lot of time looking at their new model 5500 Hi Torque Bench Mill.  It was a pleasure to meet Chris Wood, and he answered numerous questions for us.


I also found a new, low-cost metal source.  Hobby Metal Kits (www.hobbymetalkits.com) supplies standard length (12 inch) pieces of brass, steel, aluminum, etc. at what I thought were very reasonable prices, significantly less than what I could find elsewhere online.  I bought about $40 worth of stock while I was there.  They are my new go-to metal source.  (FYI, I have no connection with them and saw them for the first time yesterday.)


It was a great show and I would encourage anyone who can to attend future expos!


Charlie

New Jersey, USA




__._,_.___

Posted by: clevinski@comcast.net



__,_._,___