[GrizHFMinimill] SX2 ball screws



Hello to the members of the group,


I was thinking of converting my SX2 to ball screw, mainly since I would like to convert it to CNC at some point in the near future...


There are alot of web sites out there that show similar conversions, but I am missing a few details and seeking for assistance - diameter, pitch and bearings...


I was thinking of 16mm ball screw, not sure what should be the pitch, and I would mount it using double angular contact bearing (probably a ball bearing would do, not sure about it) on one end. Should I also add bearing to the other end as well?


There are probably alot of things that I'm still not aware of, so your thoughts and comments would be highly appriciated,


Thank you all,

E






__._,_.___

Posted by: elad_shina@yahoo.com



__,_._,___