Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Removing collet chuck



I would unscrew the drawbar (the top bolt you mention), remove it, and spray some penetrating oil down there. Give the penetrating oil some time to do its thing and then see if you can knock it loose with a sharp tap on the drawbar. If that doesn't work, I'd heat the chuck a little with a propane torch (you don't need to get it so hot that you distort anything), let it cool off, then see if you can tap it out with the draw bar.

Jim

On Jan 3, 2016, at 1:50 PM, msacc@hotmail.co.uk [GrizHFMinimill] <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Hi all


I am a new member and recently purchased a minimill.  I decided due to the lack of collets (I believe they are E32), but I am unsure exactly and want to see what else is on the market.  However, I cannot remove the chuck from the mill  and I am unsure whether it is morse taper or R8, I just cannot get it off, no matter how many taps (whacks) on the top bolt that i have loosened to remove the collet holder.


Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


Kind regards






__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Good <jagness@earthlink.net>



__,_._,___