RE: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Treadmill incline motor



I’ve been thinking about this, too.  I just pulled out the three incline motors that I have and each has a very different mechanical setup so I guess I will have to hook them up and see what they will do.  I’ll let you know what I find out.

 

I get tired of cranking my z-axis up and down by hand so this will be a great help if I can make it work.  I have measured the torque required to lift the 160 lb head and it is 171 oz-inch at the hand crank. 

 


From: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Herrmann
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:15 PM
To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Treadmill incline motor

 

 

Frank wrote:
>
> I am trying to figure it out myself. I thought about a rig for power feed on the mill, I also thought about power for the lathe. I don't think the size is right though, or the power.

OK, here's a silly idea ... Z axis drive.

- John Herrmann
guessed at peak dot org
Tempe, AZ; Corvallis, OR

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1869 / Virus Database: 2092/4618 - Release Date: 11/15/11



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___