RE: [GrizHFMinimill] Treadmill motor with stock controller?



I forgot to address the other question. The slow startup is an important safety feature for treadmills. These DC motors have a lot of torque and could probably launch a treadmill user into outer space. I think you will want to control this on your lathe to keep from doing damage to it or yourself. I have not played with this on any of my motors but there is probably a way to fiddle with the electronics and speed up the startup a bit.

 

 


From: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com [mailto:GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of usarmyfly
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 3:42 PM
To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Treadmill motor with stock controller?

 

 

For those out there that have used a treadmill motor on their mini mill, did you try it with the stock mill board? I tried mine and it would turn on for a few seconds and then shut down. I don't know a whole lot about electronics on these boards and was looking for ideas. I haven't tried playing with the speed pots at all, don't know if it will matter. My motor is a 2.25 treadmill duty 4 wire (2 blue) and works fine with the M60 controller. I don't like how the M60 speeds up and slow down so slow though. Any one have any experience?

size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1869 / Virus Database: 2092/4610 - Release Date: 11/11/11



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___