[GrizHFMinimill] Re: Been a while, DRO question

Jess,

I've been out of the minimill game for quite a while and just checked in again tonight. There have been amazing developments in the home/hobby machining areas since this all started back around 2000. Still, I'd be surprised if there are generic mounting kits for DRO scales on minimills, but let's hear it from anyone who knows of any...

I think you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Not that hard. Mostly "L" brackets with adjustment room for the mounting screws, possibly more than one bracket for second axis adjustment. (In theory, the scales need to be mounted parallel and level to the table travels, but I've never heard anything that says that even then most crude installations make any difference.) What you need to avoid, though, is binding of the scale travel, but that should not be a problem unless the installation is of the exceedingly crude kind.

I posted extensively back in the day (2001/2002) on my installation. Here is a link to some photos, have to wade through a bunch of stuff about the scales, as, back then, it was all new to get to the relevant images.

<http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty/7x10/vault/Mills/G8689-MiniMill/Projects-Mods/DROs/>

Also, do a message search on "kruger minimill DRO". (I'm sure other searches on minimill and DRO will turn up valuable info, so please do not take the above adversely, I just offer it as a way to see what I did.)

Click "Last" on the message selection scale and then click "Previous" and you'll get into the discussion about DRO scales and installations.

Rick

--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "jessgypin" <ontarget1911@...> wrote:
>
> I have a DRO setup that I put together several years ago. It looks basically like this. http://www.shars.com/products/gallery/2417/303-9323Main.jpg/
> I bought the mounting kit off of Ebay at the time and now I am not sure that it is all there nor the directions. I am hoping that someone can point me to a mounting kit that will work with this on an HF mill
> Jess
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
GrizHFMinimill-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/