[GrizHFMinimill] Re: My $106 HF Mini-mill 3 axis DRO

The 1/8" plexiglass was heated with a hot air gun and formed over a piece of 3/4" thick wood and pressed into a channel form made up with 2x4s clamped to a piece of plywood spaced 1" apart, then sawed to final width on a table saw.

I'm currently finishing up an X-axis variable speed drive that I'll be posting shortly, total cost $50.

As for the accuracy of these DROs, I've already made several projects relying soley on these for laying out circular bolt patterns with +-.001" toleances and fitup has been perfect. I guess for a HF quality mill with its own limitations of accuracy, these devices are a perfect match. If I wanted to maintain .0001" tolerance I'd choose a more expensive machine.

--- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Gary Liming <g_liming@...> wrote:
>
> Very nice job, Rick.  I like the bent clear (acrylic?) covers.  What technique did you use to do that?
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Rick Grimm <grimmrlg@...>
> To: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:13 AM
> Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] My $106 HF Mini-mill 3 axis DRO
>
>
>  
> I recently purchased a HF mini-mill and my first series of changes were to add 3 axis DRO, pulley drive, and gas spring. I purchased 2 12" and 1 6" iGaging DRO remote readout scales from Grizzly, with shipping it came to $106. I followed some of the previous posters installs with some changes to fit the HF mill, for example the X axis hangs out on the left side of the table instead of the right.
>
> Rick Grimm
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
GrizHFMinimill-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/