Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Been a while, DRO question

Jess; I have a similar set up I got from Ebay and I like it. The only
two items that would improve the unit(s).
1. The readouts are slow to update.
2. The plugs in the slider heads are flimsy and will stop reading
without giving any indication. I have thought about cutting the plugs
off the heads, soldering the wires directly to the circuit board lands
and potting the connections to prevent swarf from shorting the
connections. I can do this with a temp controlled soldering station and
a fine bit tip.

You should have two mounting tabs and a bracket for each slider. Small
screws hold the bracket to the back of the slider head. The units are
pretty easy to install, a bracket goes on the back of each head. Mount
the bracket to existing holes in the slider. Drill a hole, tap and
level the bar so the head slides easily from one end to the other while
cranking the X and Y hand wheels.

Hope this helps.

Later.... Randy S
Practice random kindness and commit senseless acts of beauty.

On 12/2/2011 4:44 PM, jessgypin wrote:
> I have a DRO setup that I put together several years ago. It looks basically like this. http://www.shars.com/products/gallery/2417/303-9323Main.jpg/
> I bought the mounting kit off of Ebay at the time and now I am not sure that it is all there nor the directions. I am hoping that someone can point me to a mounting kit that will work with this on an HF mill
> Jess


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrizHFMinimill/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
GrizHFMinimill-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/