Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Z-axis "drop"



Hi Guys,

I realize that this doesn't exactly belong in this Group, but I was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge to provide a review of a Seig SX2.7 Bench Mill Drill.  I was at the Cabin Fever Expo last week in PA and saw first hand Little Machine Shop's 5500 mill, which to my knowledge, is a clone of the Seig SX2.7.  LMS is presently out of stock of this machine.

There are several videos on YouTube featuring Frank Hoose's review of the Sieg SX2.7  model; very impressive to this beginner.  It has DRO for both speed and spindle depth and the quill moves itself as opposed to the whole head.  I find those desirable features.  But again, I just wanted to inquire if anyone has firsthand experience with this machine.

And are there any Yahoo Groups that feature mills of this kind.?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Krupa
 

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 7:04 AM, ivesb@aol.com [GrizHFMinimill] <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Joe,


I was looking at your negator spring installation and was curious how your setup is doing for you?  I found some negator springs online but they state their life cycle (fatigue) is only 2500 cycles which seems really low for this installation on the mill Z axis.  Are you noticing any degradation in performance of the springs?
 




__._,_.___

Posted by: Stephen Krupa <yuytt36@gmail.com>



__,_._,___